Coaching for Leaders is a popular professional development podcast hosted by Dave Stachowiak. Coaching for Leaders (Ep. 361) hosted Dr. Gladys recently for a chat about how to get moving. It’s a great listen (under 30 minutes!) for those who work in management or lead teams at various organisations in the US and abroad. Dr. Gladys explains the immense power behind movement and moving on a daily basis.
The episode page can be found here. It sums up beautifully, Dr. Gladys’ key points of the conversation:
- All life needs to move. If we’re not moving, we can’t function.
- Stuckness is an illusion. If we know what to look for, movement is all around us and within us.
- A flashlight in the dark can only see a few steps ahead — but that’s enough to move in the right direction and begin seeing more.
- Look for the trickle around the dam. Noticing where movement already is will often be the starting point to go further.
- Doctors don’t heal patients, only patients can heal themselves. Pay attention to beginning instead of finishing.
Similar to her 6 secrets and holistic philosophy in her latest book, The Well-Lived Life: A 102-year-old Doctor’s Six Secrets to Health and Happiness at Every Age, she emphasises “Stuckness is an illusion. If we know what to look for, movement is all around us and within us.” To learn more about Dr. Gladys’ secrets to longevity and wellness, be sure to pickup a copy, available on Amazon.